Alternative to Write Mode Time Delay Topic is solved

Suggestions around PrimoCache
RobF99
Level 8
Level 8

Alternative to Write Mode Time Delay

Post by RobF99 »

I have been using PrimoCache for years! Love it! There could not be a more perfect approach to the solution it seeks to solve. I would call myself an expert the use of this software.

I have a suggestion for a future release. As it is now it seems that the program write mode is on a cycle e.g. if you set 15 seconds it flushes every 15 seconds. I think you should include a feature where the flush delay is relative to the write request meaning that if you have 15 seconds set then when a write is done then the program waits 15 seconds to flush. This way it truly waits 15 seconds to flush the cache. Sometimes if you do a big write and it so happens to be doing a flush during that big write, it seems to slow just a tiny fraction since the L2 is doing a read and a write. The performance would be better if no other flushing was being done while the current write operation is not interfered with by another previous write.

Thank you.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Alternative to Write Mode Time Delay

Post by Support »

RobF99, thank you for your compliment and suggestion!
I'm afraid that we might not support the feature you suggested. Actually this feature was considered when we designed the program, but we finally put it aside because it will cost lots of additional resources to track the exact time elapsed.
RobF99
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Alternative to Write Mode Time Delay

Post by RobF99 »

Ok. I understand. You basically have to track the time elapsed for every write so I get it. Idle-Flush seems to work fine for my needs.