Deactivating Software

Suggestions around PrimoCache
soeno
Level 1
Level 1

Deactivating Software

Post by soeno »

Hi-
Since I bought two copies of in 2014 I've reinstalled windows on my machines roughly 6 times, and each time I have to email support to get them to reset the key. I know it's supposed to persist, but it doesn't (usually because my reinstalls format the whole machine).

It would be nice if the software could give me an option to de-activate my license before reinstalling, (maybe limit it to 1 re-license a month or something).

It would be nice not to have to wait several hours for a response - Even though you guys respond very, very quickly!

Or maybe, in the short term you could send across an offline key that I can use without having to go through the activation server?
-Soen
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Deactivating Software

Post by Support »

Yes, we're also thinking to provide a web interface so that users can manage their licenses by themselves. However, it hasn't been ready yet. I'm sorry that currently you still have to email us for the license transfer.

BTW, only when your computer motherboard is changed, you need to transfer the license. Otherwise you still can simply use the activation code to activate the program, even you reinstall Windows with other hardware change.
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Re: Deactivating Software

Post by InquiringMind »

Better yet would be to ditch the whole online shebang and allow paying customers to use serial numbers instead - but this issue has been discussed before.