prefetch option for "on online/connect" disk events

Suggestions around PrimoCache
Andy22
Level 2
Level 2

prefetch option for "on online/connect" disk events

Post by Andy22 »

Hi,

i have some success using primocache for iSCSI disks that are not permanently connected. The problem is that the prefetch is only done on a restart for the first connect of the iSCSI target. What i would like is the prefetch to kick in every time the disk is either onlined or connected. Thats because first off-lining is often needed before you can disconnect the iSCSI initiator.

So in a environment where you online/offline and connect/disconnect different disk while working, the prefetch should kick in on those events so local speed is at max. as soon as possible.

As already suggested i would also like a option to specifically define the folders that should be prefetched. Ideally those manually set folders should be prefetched first and the remaining cache space could be used for the automatic determined "last state" cache. I also would like a option to only prefetch manually set folders.

thx
Andy
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: prefetch option for "on online/connect" disk events

Post by Support »

Thank you for the suggestion!
Andy22
Level 2
Level 2

Re: prefetch option for "on online/connect" disk events

Post by Andy22 »

The same is true for .vhd disk files that can be attached/detached via powershell scripts or hotkeys. The vhd disks might be located on a LAN SMB share or even on a remote WAN share via VPN.