Supporting GPT Topic is solved

Suggestions around PrimoCache
simonsilvalauinger

Supporting GPT

Post by simonsilvalauinger »

Hello Romex,
I consider in buying PrimoCache. I tried the trial, but I had to find out that it doesn't work with a GPT-formated disk. Are you planning to add this feature in the near future? I think your tool is great, but I really can't change from GPT to MBR.

Regards,
Simon Silva Lauinger
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Supporting GPT

Post by minhgi »

If you planning to use a SSD as L2, you can formatted it as MBR, and used to cache GPT hard drives. I have a server that running in that format with out any problem.
BrainSlugs83
Level 2
Level 2

Post by BrainSlugs83 »

I confirm the same. You can accelerate GPT disks, but the L2 cache must be on an MBR disk. It would still be nice if the L2 cache could be on a GPT disk though.
furiousd
Level 1
Level 1

Post by furiousd »

Yes please support L2 cache on a GPT disk. This caused me some irritation setting up my new computer recently. And it's not just a preference - it cause me to reinstall windows a certain way.
DvdGiessen
Level 1
Level 1

Post by DvdGiessen »

Seconded. Since most modern systems now ship with GPT instead of MBR, support for GPT is becoming more relevant.

I myself could consider repartitioning my hard drive, but that's not for everyone. For example I would love to recommend PrimoCache to other (less technical) people, however such limitations prevent me from doing so.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

It is supported since version 2.1.0.
Thanks.