Can't buy it - paypal only Topic is solved

Suggestions around PrimoCache
Gedlion
Level 1
Level 1

Can't buy it - paypal only

Post by Gedlion »

Hi Guys,

I tried to buy Primocache today. But you can't take my money. I don't agree with paypal's terms and conditions, and as such I can't get into my account. (I can't disable the account without logging in, and I can't log in without agreeing to the new terms and conditions circa about 5 years ago! They have ignored my emails on the matter).

As such, I can't use paypal, and I can't (and won't anyway) create an account.

Do you have another option other than paypal? Your only payment options are "Pay with my paypal account" and "create a paypal account", neither of which are satisfactory. Can't I just pay with a credit card?
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Re: Can't buy it - paypal only

Post by InquiringMind »

Agreed - the Paypal-only limitation is one reason why I've not bought PrimoCache either (the other being the use of online activation).

Romex do accept RegNow for Primo Ramdisk and it's surprising they don't offer the same choice with PrimoCache. However if you email support, they may be able to offer a workaround like swapping a RegNow ramdisk licence for a PrimoCache one.
Gedlion
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Gedlion »

I think I agree on the licensing front too. What if they went bust?

Also one thing I'm considering buying a server license for is server setup - it would speed up creating a virtual server at work. Could uninstall after setup, when it doesn't need cache, but could save a lot of time initially. If I can't push the software from build to build as I create a new one, (not that often - about once a month) it's a bit useless for that purpose; so that's out.

I also tend to reinstall my desktop about once every three months. I stopped using zoiper because of the ridiculous licensing hassles that caused. (If you didn't de-install correctly and return the licence - and I never got this bit right - you lost the right to use it and had to complain to support. Which I did regular as clockwork with each new install. In the end, I swapped out for microsip freeware, and couldn't have been gladder to get rid of the annoyance).

Despite primocache being a mainstay of my desktop for a good long while under beta - and it never occurred to me that I wouldn't pay up as soon as it went live - I think, under the circumstances, I'll probably just have to live without. Seems I can't even give them money if I want to, which is rather disappointing; and even if I did, it seems I might find the licensing too much of a pain to deal with, which is another huge disappointment.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi All,

Thanks for the suggestions!
We have added buy links other than Paypal. Please see the following link.
http://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/prim ... egnow.html
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Post by InquiringMind »

Thanks for the update Romex - both RegNow pages (Primo Ramdisk and Primo Cache) need to be linked to from the main purchase pages to be useful though.

Now any chance of a rethink on the activation issue? ;)