Save Cache to Disk Topic is solved

Suggestions around PrimoCache
stenrulz
Level 4
Level 4

Save Cache to Disk

Post by stenrulz »

Hi,

I would really like to see support to save the level 1 cache to disk on shutdown and autoload the image back on startup. I understand it might take extra time to boot the system but it is much quicker to load one large file then lots of little ones. I am happy to donate money towards this idea if required. :)

Also, it might be nice to have a minimum amount of read cache. For example you transfer a large amount of data and write cache is enabled, from my understanding it will replace all the cache data. (If needed).

Please let me know what you think.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Save Cache to Disk

Post by Support »

Well, thank you for the suggestions! We'll think about these features.
gabrielmorrow
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gabrielmorrow »

well a few things to consider is that this is implmented in a way in windows 8.1 update

http://windowsitpro.com/windows-81/micr ... 1-update-1

its called wimboot
stenrulz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by stenrulz »

Based on the release notes this is design to lower disk requirements and will impact performance. (not improve disk performance)

Support, please email me about the details/price to make sure that these features get implemented.

Thank you.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

stenrulz wrote:please email me about the details/price to make sure that these features get implemented.
Did you receive our email on this inquiry? The email was sent about 3 days ago.
stenrulz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by stenrulz »

Yes, sorry for some reason it was in the gmail spam box. Looking forward to any progress.
Stubi
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Stubi »

This would be a great feature for me too. Sure I could use hibernation. But for whatever reason it takes very long to restore the memory at my Win 7 32 8 GB system (I have a mod to use all the memory). But the mod is not the reason for the slow restore speed. So it would be great if I just could restore the cache. Win 8 - no option since my board does not have drivers anymore (before you think negative - this Gigabyte P55-UD6 board was one remote day state of the art for Win 7 and now it is very close to the garbage bin because of missing drivers - no other reason).
gabrielmorrow
Level 4
Level 4

Post by gabrielmorrow »

stenrulz wrote:Based on the release notes this is design to lower disk requirements and will impact performance. (not improve disk performance)

Support, please email me about the details/price to make sure that these features get implemented.

Thank you.
well technicly loading compresed content off a disk is faster but it increases cpu load so its a trade off
stenrulz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by stenrulz »

compresed content is a nice function but not the main point for this thread. For example i have a 32GB Ram cache, i would like to preload the 32GB on each start. I do not mind how long it takes to load the system on boot as long as it is fast after.
stenrulz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by stenrulz »

Any update regarding the progress of this feature? This is one of the 2 features stopping me using this on my systems. This feature I am even happy to pay a few hundred for it to be implemented!