Minimize to Tray Topic is solved

Suggestions around PrimoCache
O3Mcj1lZgd
Level 1
Level 1

Minimize to Tray

Post by O3Mcj1lZgd »

All is in the title, it would be easier to handle primocache with that tiny option ;)
Great software btw
thx
Davey126
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Minimize to Tray

Post by Davey126 »

+1 for this feature. There's another tread debating the merits of this feature so it should definitely be optional. If possible hovering over the icon would display the cache hit rate while clicking (or right clicking) would bring up the GUI. Low priority but nice to have.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Thanks for the suggestion!
idefix44
Level 8
Level 8

Post by idefix44 »

I use a registred version since yesterday and I suggest an optional systray icon.
It blinks red when the cache hit rate decreases and blinks green when the cache hit rate increases by step of 0.01%
When the cache hit rate is stable the icon is a PrimoCache logo wich color is red, orange or green according to the cache hit rate value and the user's setting.
For exemple my settings will be:
00.00% to 49.99%, the stable systray icon is red.
50.00% to 79.99%, the stable systray icon is orange.
80.00% to 100.00%, the stable systray icon is green.
Saying that the system partition is the cache target. I need to run CHKDSK at startup. When Windows restart, the level 2 cache is empty. So the systray icon is red, and begin to blink green after a few seconds/minutes. So I know that PrimoCache works fine. I don't need to run the GUI to know it. Now, I move my cursor on the icon and it displays the cache hit rate.
A right click or the GUI "Options" allows to change settings:
Systray icon at startup or not. If yes, animated icon or not. If yes, all range values and displayed colors can be uer's choice...
About the blinking, its frequency can be choosen too from 2/s to 5/s...

Thanks to think about it.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Implemented in v2.0.0. Thank you all!