Is block size intelligent Topic is solved

Suggestions around PrimoCache
Yozzer
Level 4
Level 4

Is block size intelligent

Post by Yozzer »

Hi, 9.8 working well for me, but with the number of options, it took me a little while to set up from 9.2.
I wondered if the block size entry on first starting configuring a cache is worked out by the software, or just an arbitrary entry. It would be great if the suggestion box contained an advisory size based on the drives you were caching, as this is one part of the configuration I am unsure about. I use a partition on a Samsung 840 pro which I believe has a block size of 4k, and the block size on the hard drive I am caching I think is 16k, and I feel the entry in the configuration file could have an impact on cache efficiency. (I currently have it set at 16k).
Could Primocache be made to inspect both the block size on the created cache, and the block size of the drive to be cached, and put a the best recommended size in the "block size" box, or does it do that in 9.8 already.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Is block size intelligent

Post by Support »

PrimoCache 0.9.8 will recommend a block size according to volumes to be cached and current available memory. Users may choose a block size equal to cluster size of the volume to be cached.