Replacement of Cache Hit Graph by Barcharts

Suggestions around PrimoCache
Stubi
Level 5
Level 5

Replacement of Cache Hit Graph by Barcharts

Post by Stubi »

This Cache Hit Rate Chart could be replaced by a bar chart showing bars for all important values like free memory (total memory 100), free cache (total cache 100), cached read (total read 100), normal write (total write 100), etc. The bars should display the percentage of the total amount.

One more thing. To make "Urgent Write" and "Normal Write" clearer I would call them Urgent Write to Disk (or Urgent Disk Write) and Normal Write to Disk (or Normal Disk Write).
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Re: Replacement of Cache Hit Graph by Barcharts

Post by InquiringMind »

I'd vote for replacing the current graph (which is nearly useless IMHO since it covers time since startup only) but rather than bar charts of items which shouldn't vary long-term (free cache/memory should head to zero and stay there) I'd suggest a few pie charts or line graphs (showing cached vs uncached) over different timescales (e.g. a short term chart covering the last minute, medium term for the last half-hour, long term for the last day).

Where bar charts could come in useful are in showing repeated requests for cached blocks (i.e. a set of bars showing the number of blocks requested 1-4, 5-8, 9-12 times etc) and request size (in clusters) which could help in determining the best cache blocksize.