Some refinement for cache options would be nice.

Suggestions around PrimoCache
vgamesx1
Level 1
Level 1

Some refinement for cache options would be nice.

Post by vgamesx1 »

I know its still in beta however I would love to see some refinement for the caching options, as of now there really isn't a lot, pretty much just choose ram or L2 cache then pick a size, I would like something similar to how eboostr for example you can prioritize certain programs, I would like some features similar to that or at the very least being able to exclude specific files/folders for example, I have 3 drives SDD and 2 HDDs of which I have moved my downloads and dropbox folders to drive D and have moved my appdata and have a backup folder in drive E so.. I thus would like them to never be cached even if access them frequently, I much prefer my programs being cached rather than my downloads, I do quite like Primo cache I merely wish it had a few more features/options.
Edit: oh yeah, I think it would also be kind of neat to be able to view all the files that have currently been cached, not extremely important to me, but it would be nice nonetheless.
stenrulz
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Some refinement for cache options would be nice.

Post by stenrulz »

PrimoCache does not work at the file level but at the bit level and does not care about which files. For example it might only cache half of a single file as the rest is not being accessed/used.