Calm the manic meter - monitor widget - whole disk option

Suggestions around PrimoCache
magarity
Level 1
Level 1

Calm the manic meter - monitor widget - whole disk option

Post by magarity »

I bought an Intel 525 to use as a cache only to find my laptop's chipset only supports their "Rapid" but not "Smart". Everyone else's SSD cache software is bundled only, which is rather annoying when you've bought a bare SSD! I really was starting to think I was stuck not being able to use it for a chace after all but this is a great product so far! I have another system with an OCZ Synapse and Dataplex and this works the exact same way which is what I was looking for (except Dataplex does not have any kind of configurator and no monitor). It is performing very nicely. I will buy it immediately when the final version goes on sale.

Some suggestions:
1. The hit meter is too crazy fast - slow it way down. Several seconds per refresh instead of several refreshes per second.
2. A Windows 8.x "charm" type icon with a mini version of the hit meter would be cool, as long as it is not refreshing several times per second.
3. An option to just use the whole partition would be great - it asks for the size manually typed in and I wasn't able to get it to exactly the available size. Close, but not exact. A whole partition option that automatically set the size would be more efficient. Or did I miss this option somewhere?
4. I don't really want the in-memory caching at all, just the SSD caching, but was forced to put the minimum 64MB. An option to not have this at all would be fine with me. Perhaps some behind the scenes mechanism in the design prevents this but I thought I'd mention it.

PS - I don't know about your official Win 8.1 support but I am using this software with that and it is working perfectly (so far).
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Calm the manic meter - monitor widget - whole disk optio

Post by Support »

Thanks for your suggestions!
stenrulz
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Calm the manic meter - monitor widget - whole disk optio

Post by stenrulz »

I personally like the hit meter at this speed but it might be nice to have some type of report function to provide details from a long period of time.