GUI data not updating while running minimized

Found a bug? Report here
Level 5

GUI data not updating while running minimized

Post by points »

The free space figures in the GUI Window were completely off from what Windows has been reporting.
Primocache was running minimized in the system tray for some time. It was required to exit Primocache and re-opening the GUI to have the figures updated.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: GUI data not updating while running minimized

Post by Support »

When it is in the minimized state, PrimoCache is designed to stop collecting and updating statistics in order to save resources. However, when the GUI exits the minimized state, it will continue updating the statistics. I checked but don't see the problem you reported.
Level 5

Post by points »

support wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:26 am When it is in the minimized state, PrimoCache is designed to stop collecting and updating statistics in order to save resources. However, when the GUI exits the minimized state, it will continue updating the statistics. I checked but don't see the problem you reported.
I was not referring to the statistics like cache hit rate. I was talking about the data that shows the free capacity of the disk. These showed completely false data and did not update even when PC was open for a while again. I had to manually exit and open it again to have it show the correct disk data.
Level 5

Post by points »

points wrote: Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:35 am
support wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 3:26 am When it is in the minimized state, PrimoCache is designed to stop collecting and updating statistics in order to save resources. However, when the GUI exits the minimized state, it will continue updating the statistics. I checked but don't see the problem you reported.
I was not referring to the statistics like cache hit rate. I was talking about the data that shows the free capacity of the disk. These showed completely false number and did not update even when PC was open for a while again. I had to manually exit and open it again to have it show the correct disk data.
It is fine not to update anything when it is minimized but once it is opened again, it should update immediately.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Oh, I see. Disk Free Space is not updated at all even you don't minimize the GUI. Its value is queried only once when you start the GUI. We think this value is not important and related to the caching performance. So we don't want to waste resources to monitor its change. In future we may consider to fix this issue. Thanks.
Tobiwan
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Tobiwan »

Just to report it, the bug isn't fixed in the version 3.2.0.
Attachments
GUI bug.jpg
GUI bug.jpg (58.98 KiB) Viewed 6038 times
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@Tobiwan, I think you are talking about this issue, right?
https://forum.romexsoftware.com/en-us/v ... =34&t=4864