Forza Horizon 4, crash on startup

Found a bug? Report here
carrot1401
Level 1
Level 1

Forza Horizon 4, crash on startup

Post by carrot1401 »

Decided to trial out primoCache this weekend and things started well. Sadly, this morning, Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing when loading (after hitting "Continue". It looks similar to the issue raised (and apparently fixed) here: viewtopic.php?t=4232

Disabling primoCache temporarily allowed the game to load. After 5 mins of playing, I reenabled the cache, but about another 5 mins later the game crashed again.

As I only have the trial, I have a limited amount of time to help, but happy to assist where I can!
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Forza Horizon 4, crash on startup

Post by Jaga »

Have you tried clearing the cache, rebooting, and re-testing? It's possible for some reason the data in the cache got "dirty" and is resulting in the crashing. Also - are you overclocking your CPU or Memory at all? If so you can try reverting to stock clocks and re-testing.

It is entirely possible the problem is game related, but only support would be able to answer, and they might suggest these tests too.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Forza Horizon 4, crash on startup

Post by Support »

Could you please upload a screenshot of the PrimoCache main dialog which shows the cache configuration and statistics for our reference?
And what is your Windows OS edition/version? Is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
Thanks.