EniGmA1987
Level 1
Level 1

BSOD when rebooted after install

Post by EniGmA1987 »

PrimoCache version: latest just downloaded from the site
Cache Settings: N/A
Windows OS: W10 x64 updated to fall creator update
Hardware Information (CPU/Motherboard/Memory/Harddisks): 8700K, ASRock Z370 Professional, 16GB of DDR-3600, 860EVO os drive, 860 EVO drive for cache space
Description:
I installed primo cache v3.0.2 on a newly built computer with an 8700K processor and the Z370 chipset. Using the latest version of windows 10. Upon reboot, my computer gives an error about trying to write to read only memory and gives a primo cache .sys file as the culprit. Uninstalling primo cache in safe mode fixes the BSOD. I have the exact same software installed on my other computer with a 7700K processor using the same version of windows 10 and it does not have any problems.

I suspect that either there needs to be an update to support the new cpu and chipset, or that my mother board's "Spectre" fix and software guard extensions are causing the BSOD. I don't know ow if I can get any memory dump file for the program as it never boot properly with the software installed.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: BSOD when rebooted after install

Post by Support »

Thanks for your bug report!
We'll try to find same hardware configuration and see if we can reproduce this problem.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: BSOD when rebooted after install

Post by Support »

This issue is caused by Windows Core Isolation - Memory Integrity. PrimoCache /Primo Ramdisk is not compatible with this option. When the Memory Integrity option is enabled, Windows will boot into BSOD. The latest v3.0.9 checks this option first before install, and will pop up a prompt message if it sees this option is on.