BSOD 2.5.0 and 2.4.0 BAD_POOL_CALLER Topic is solved

Found a bug? Report here
escaward
Level 3
Level 3

Re: BSOD 2.5.0 and 2.4.0 BAD_POOL_CALLER

Post by escaward »

Hello,

I just installed 2.6.0 and I also got a BAD POOL CALLER and my system refused to boot. The only way I was able to boot the system was restore it to an earlier time before PrimoCache was installed. Without PrimoCache installed my system again boots fine.

Please note, the BAD POOL CALLER only happened after I powered down the system. The fist time I downloaded, installed 2.6.0, and rebooted my system PrimoCache worked well and I was able to start a cache task. The next day I powered off my system before a conference call and it would not boot back into Windows (Bad Pool Caller).

I would really like to use PrimoCache. Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,
Eric
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Can you disable C-Media Sound Card driver (cmudaxp.sys) in device manager and try again?
escaward
Level 3
Level 3

Post by escaward »

Hello,

Good news. I removed my sound card and everything works. Why does PrimoCache and the C-Media Sound Card driver not work well together? Without PrimoCache, I don't have any boot issues with my sound card installed.

For what it is worth, I fired it up on my 2nd similar system (but no C-Media sound card) and it also works well. We will give it a few but I may be looking at purchasing more keys for my kid's computers.

Regards,
Eric
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Great news! Regarding C-Media Sound Card driver, you may check if this driver is the latest one and if it supports Windows 10. I also see the following information in the C-Media official website. http://www.cmedia.com.tw/support/download_center
*Please be noted:
For CMI873x or CMI876x series, C-Media no longer support Win10 driver.
For CMI878x, CM88xx, or USB Audio series, please contact your product vendor to get customized Win10 driver.
However, if your product didn't apply customized driver when you purchased, you can then just use Win10 in box standard driver.
I think you may also try Windows 10 standard sound driver if you still have problems.
RoyO
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RoyO »

Just a minor note. I have an Asus C-Media card (Xonar DSX.) If i have GX (EAX emulator) enabled, it will BSOD's sometimes. GX on this card really sounds bad anyway.