Using primocache L2 on a torrent drive? Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
klepp0906
Level 4
Level 4

Using primocache L2 on a torrent drive?

Post by klepp0906 »

So i've ran up against some space constraints and had to do some shuffling lately. the result was that my spinner that i run all my single player games off of (and had cached with L2 against an nvme SSD) took on the role of also seeding.

i'll be the first to admit my understanding of primocache is pretty rudimentary but the way I currently understand it, is writing wont benefit, nor affect my cache. (aka when im downloading to the drive) but seeding which i assume is a read operation would result in the stuff I want in my cache (game data) being bumped out as I seed, not to mention perpetual writing to the ssd more or less?

am i incorrect, is it feasible to still use primocache in this case or do I need to give up on primocache until I can shift my seeding back to another drive?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Using primocache L2 on a torrent drive?

Post by Support »

If you don't want to mix the cache between games and seeding, you can partition your drive and only cache the game partition. If they are both in the same partition, cache might be affected by each other.
klepp0906
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Using primocache L2 on a torrent drive?

Post by klepp0906 »

Support wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 9:17 am If you don't want to mix the cache between games and seeding, you can partition your drive and only cache the game partition. If they are both in the same partition, cache might be affected by each other.
yea i have too much data on it to partition, i'll just have to play it safe for now and go without cache'ing. oh well. thanks for your time