Prefetching drive order

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
RobF99
Level 8
Level 8

Prefetching drive order

Post by RobF99 »

I run my system with my O/S and programs on C drive and all my data on my D drive. In PrimoCache the D drive is above C in the Cache Task. I do understand this order cannot be changed. When I reboot my system the prefetching runs on D drive first and then C drive. I dedicate 24 Gb to L1 so if there was 12 to 15 of data from D drive in the cache before reboot the program program prefetches the D drive data first and then the data on the O/S drive (C). So I do have to wait a few moments before I would get any benefit from the Prefetch on C drive. Is there any way to change the order that drives are prefetched? If not, I think this should be high priority for next build.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Prefetching drive order

Post by Support »

PrimoCache keeps the order in which Windows recognizes volumes. Currently PrimoCache doesn't support to set prefetch order. We will consider this request or change it to parallel prefetching. Thanks.
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Re: Prefetching drive order

Post by InquiringMind »

RobF99,

How about running separate cache tasks for your C: and D: drives, if you have a good idea of how to split memory between them? You can then enable Pre-Fetch on both caches but enable the Boot option on the C: cache task only, so it (pre)loads sooner.