Upgrading / Home use license for Windows Server 2019

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
loki0111
Level 1
Level 1

Upgrading / Home use license for Windows Server 2019

Post by loki0111 »

Morning,

I have an existing license for PrimoCache for Windows 10.

I am planning to upgrade my home NAS/ Plex server to Windows Server 2019 for tiered Storage Spaces. As I understand it I need a different version of PrimoCache for that.

1. Is it possible to upgrade my license? If so, how do I go about that?
2. While I don't mind paying a little more is there a non-business license version of PrimoCache for WS2019? $120+ for a home use license for caching software is a little steep...

Thanks in advance!
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Upgrading / Home use license for Windows Server 2019

Post by Jaga »

As an alternative suggestion, look into Stablebit Drivepool. I opted using it instead of Storage Spaces, for a bunch of different reasons. Support can help with licensing though, whichever way you decide on. :)
loki0111
Level 1
Level 1

Post by loki0111 »

I actually posted this in the wrong area. I mean to post it in the Primocache section.

I did look at DrivePool, the issue is there would be a massive performance hit if I made the switch. Drivepool manages at the file system level where as Storage Spaces and other RAID like managers handle data at the block/hardware level (basically bare metal).

I've got a mixed 10gbe/40gbe network switch and run a lot of my stuff directly off my NAS's SSD array. So I'd definitely notice the drop.

I may still use DrivePool for a single DAS which I use to dump things and is just a big JBOD. In that one situation access performance doesn't actually matter.

Thanks though. I appreciate the suggestion.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Regarding the license upgrade, please just mail to [email protected]. Thanks.