boot problem

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Toshy
Level 2
Level 2

boot problem

Post by Toshy »

sorry, my english is bad.

In last years i have sometime a boot problem, i windows crash or "hard power of" an primo cache intalled.
then sometime i cant boot windows normaly. only if i can deinstalll primo over "safe mode".
then i start normale fix problemens / file problemes, an install primao cache new.

gut now i have a problem, and i not know if its by primo or other thing. i cant start "safe mode" and so i cant deinstall primo cache to test.

how i can deinstall primochace in "repairing console" oder deleter the cache or so. where it is stored?

Thanks and greetings.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: boot problem

Post by Support »

Is your system Windows 10?

If you enabled level-2 cache in PrimoCache, you may physically disconnect the L2 storage device. Some errors might be caused by the corruption of L2 device. You may try after disconnecting and see if your system can boot normally or enter to the safe mode.

You may also run "chkdsk c: /f" in the console to see if there are any corruptions on the C drive (assume C drive is your Windows partition).
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

If you still have the problem, you may open the registry in the console by the "regedit" command, then highlight the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE", click "Load Hive..." in the File menu. In the popup dialog, go to your Windows partition and open /Windows/System32/config/SYSTEM. Then give a name for the loaded hive, for eg. MyWin.

Now open the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/MyWin" registry branch, go to ControlSet00x/Control/Class/{71a27cdd-812a-11d0-bec7-08002be2092f}, remove "FancyCcV" in the "LowerFilters" (keep other values).
Go to ControlSet00x/Services, delete the whole "FancyCcV" key.
Now select and highlight "MyWin", click "Unload Hive..." in the file menu to unload the registry hive. And then exit the registry.

Exit the console. Now PrimoCache driver will not be loaded and no caching will work.
Toshy
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Toshy »

Yes, it'S Windows 10.

disconnect the L2 storage devic, because its a partiton of boot ssd. if i format this partion, all caches are delete?

i use ever chkdsk /f with /x and after this with /x. but if i found problems, the often not repair, if i have install primo.
normale i mean, primo mot start if i use "safe mode" or "recovery konsole" (from boot ssd, not from cd Or dvd).

But the errors are often not fixed. If they are fixed and I run chkdsk again, they are supposed to be gone. after a restart, however, the same errors are there again.
Without Primo this would not happen normally.

If I remove the hard drive and connect it on another computer (chkdsk / f / x or with / r), the repair works.

This problem does not have to be due to Primo, it can also be coincidental. However, this has often struck me.

I just never got in touch because my English is too poor to describe it exactly.

Where are "prefetch last cache" cache of L1 Cache are stored?

But sometime (familie have 2 licences and 6 devices), the "cant repair with chkdsk" Problems comes if i not use "file cache". bit if primocache driver is installes, the Problems come sometimes. Never if it not installed.

Because hier sometime PC crashes (bluescreen or energy problems), i have sometime this problem.

So i "mean" (dont know), that your systemdriver ever start, but not start cache. eventuelle is there a problem.

I not use Version 4x, i use last 3x. because i wait will you support all block sizes.

Next time I'll test your registry suggestions.
This time I will probably not test it yet, as I will first try to solve the hard drive errors on another device. If I notice anything else about this, I'll get in touch. Thanks for the hints.

Thanks you and Greetings from Germany.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Toshy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 pm disconnect the L2 storage devic, because its a partiton of boot ssd. if i format this partion, all caches are delete?
Yes, you can format this partition to force not using L2 cache.
Toshy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 pm Where are "prefetch last cache" cache of L1 Cache are stored?
"Prefetch last cache" should not be a problem, it doesn't store real data.
Toshy wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 pm Because hier sometime PC crashes (bluescreen or energy problems), i have sometime this problem.
If you see bsod crashes, you may send us minidump files if possible. Please see https://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/kno ... -file.html