Instant BSOD at Windows bootup when restarting after turning Core Isolation > Memory Integrity on Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Shoonay
Level 4
Level 4

Instant BSOD at Windows bootup when restarting after turning Core Isolation > Memory Integrity on

Post by Shoonay »

Was playing around with a few BIOS options on my new AMD PC, configured a few security settings according to this reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comme ... urity_not/ and, as soon as the system restarts, after choosing Core Isolation > Memory Integrity on, all I get is a scary BSOD with the words:

Code: Select all

Stop code: ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY
What failed: rxfcv.sys
Fortunately resetting the PC boots Windows back to desktop just fine, but Memory Integrity is off.

A quick Google of "rxfcv.sys" points me at PrimoCache, which I am using, so here I am. :mrgreen:

Dunno why Windows has a problem with it, I'm using it PrimoCache for my gaming HDD only which shouldn't affect Windows bootup, right? :?
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Instant BSOD at Windows bootup when restarting after turning Core Isolation > Memory Integrity on

Post by Jaga »

Pretty sure Support has indicated Core Isolation / Memory Integrity doesn't currently work with Primocache due to performance/implementation issues.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Instant BSOD at Windows bootup when restarting after turning Core Isolation > Memory Integrity on

Post by Support »

Yes, PrimoCache or Primo Ramdisk is not compatible with Windows Core Isolation / Memory Integrity in order to get best performance. When you install PrimoCache, the setup will check the Memory Integrity setting and ask for turning it off if it is enabled. However, if you later change the Memory Integrity setting, BSOD will happen.
See #015 in the Known Issue List
Shoonay
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shoonay »

Okay, thanks for the explanation.
tverweij
Level 6
Level 6

Post by tverweij »

Are there plans to support this option, as it becomes more and more important to have all hardware security operational against attacks?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

We will consider this and to see if there is a better solution. Thanks.
uhlik
Level 1
Level 1

Post by uhlik »

I also prefer the performance penalty over the lack of security. Because of Core Isolation is not supported I had to uninstall PrimoCache on my main production workstation. It's sad I had to stop using software I paid for because you're not able to implement Windows security feature introduced more than 3 years ago.
synepcice
Level 1
Level 1

Post by synepcice »

Hi, I have receintly install Windows 11 and tried to activate the Windows Core Isolating option.
When I enable this fantastic security feature , my Computer give me BSOD...
I had discover this is caused by PrimoCache. I would like to know if you will release a new version of this PrimoCache.
I refuse to imagin that I have to chose between Security and Performances... I had pay my PrimoCache Licence for getting fast , And I love Windows 11 Security options... I Hope you will awnser soon...

Thank you.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

I think we will add an option to support Windows security feature. Thanks.
dtellezjr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by dtellezjr »

I upgraded my Windows 10 to Windows 11 today on my Ryzen 2600 system. I wanted to enable "memory integrity" under "core isolation" but there were several driver issues that were preventing me from turning this feature on. After taking care of all the offending drivers, I could still not boot with "memory integrity" without getting a BSOD. The BSOD error indicated that it was "RXFCV.sys" that was causing the problem and that turned out to be related to my Primocache software. I uninstalled the Primocache software and I was able to successfully boot with "memory integrity" enabled.

I don't like uninstalling software that I paid for and I find Primocache really useful. Please fix this so I can use the software again.

Thanks.