A Question about Average for deferred write

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
RobF99
Level 8
Level 8

A Question about Average for deferred write

Post by RobF99 »

I like to know everything when it comes to a software product I love. The only thing I don't know specifics of is average for deferred write.

Without giving away your trade secrets what is the logic in it? Does it average the data so it is written before the next scheduled flush or is it just a lower priority write?

e.g. if I have flush every 15 seconds with average, does it try to average deferred write data so it is written by the next 15 seconds are up or is it a little different to that?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: A Question about Average for deferred write

Post by Support »

For eg. Assume the latency is 15s, and there are 1GB data in cache waiting to be written to disks. In the native mode, PrimoCache will flush the whole 1GB data when 15s latency has expired. In the Average mode, PrimoCache will divide these data into small chunks and write them to disks separately every certain time like 1s.
user4653453
Level 4
Level 4

Post by user4653453 »

When i set it to Average, the Latency doesnt matter, i can set it to 3600sec and it still starts emptying the cache after a minute or so
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

user4653453 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:34 pm When i set it to Average, the Latency doesnt matter, i can set it to 3600sec and it still starts emptying the cache after a minute or so
In Average mode, max Latency value is limited to 120s.