Cache - disabled on Windows startup and enable from command line

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
AndreyPetrov
Level 2
Level 2

Cache - disabled on Windows startup and enable from command line

Post by AndreyPetrov »

Hi!

First of all, sorry for sometimes poor English.

I'm testing PrimoCache now and have a question. I use volume encryption software for my HDDs and immediately after boot almost all disk volumes are "RAW" filesystem - until I enter passwords for them in encryption software. And after this they look as normal drives with full support (even VSS and so).

I'm asking how to better configure PrimoCache for this usage scenario? I think best will be some kind of "totally stopped service" and started after volumes un-encryption (for example, my backup services set to "manual" startup and I start them from .cmd file after entering passwords for encrypted volumes). Can PrimoCache be configured so? Any examples?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cache - disabled on Windows startup and enable from command line

Post by Support »

I'm sorry for the late reply.
PrimoCache also supports the command-line interface. Please see https://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/pri ... rface.html.
However, I don't think you need to disable the cache. After you unlock the the encrypted drive, you may create a cache task for this drive. Then I think it will work correctly. PrimoCache will automatically remove the drive from the cache task when it is not available and add it to the task when it is available.