Double Intel Optane 32GB drives as Level-2 Cache Storage with PrimoCache possible? Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Double Intel Optane 32GB drives as Level-2 Cache Storage with PrimoCache possible?

Post by Support »

You may manually set the size for the pagefile. Usually you don't need a so big pagefile...Windows just set the pagefile size according to the RAM amount you installed.

The access speed of level-2 cache depends on the speed of level-2 storage device. If you combine the 256GB sata SSD and optane drives into a dynamic spanned volume, when cached data are stored in the optane drives, the access speed will close to the optane speed. Equivalently, when cached data are stored in the sata ssd, the access speed will close to the sata ssd.
ferrari
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Double Intel Optane 32GB drives as Level-2 Cache Storage with PrimoCache possible?

Post by ferrari »

If you use storage spaces to create a spanned disk instead it will just show up as a single drive. Don't think Raid-0 is necessary for this unless you want to double the write speed but it's the read speed that matters for L2 cache.
Shoonay
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Shoonay »

Yea yeah, got it sorted, thanks guys.

After setting everything up, I just kept testing it, by gaming, and totally forgot about it, it just works! (™)

Here's my configuration, don't know if it's perfect for my setup, but it works much better than Intel's Optane Manager:
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

:) Great!