journeytu
Level 1
Level 1

VM Win10 not working ?

Post by journeytu »

HOST : Srv2016 + Primocache 3.09
VM 15 : WIN10
I restart the vm win10 3 times
But fell no cache working (NVME SSD.RAID-1 , Win10 take about 30seconds to reboot), Does this software not support RAID ?
Any one know ?
Or Problem by my Trial license ?

Thx a lot
Image 827.png
Image 827.png (67.2 KiB) Viewed 1267 times
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: VM Win10 not working ?

Post by Support »

If I understand correctly, your VM guest is installed in the SSD RAID (D:) drive, right? In your cache setting, D drive has only L1 cache with 4GB read space and 4GB write space. These cache space are shared by C:, D:, E: and F: drives which have huge data amount. So the cache space seems too small. You may increase cache space or remove caching of other unimportant drives for better cache performance.

However, the problem you asked is not related to the above issue. I think the reason you don't see the cache effect is that Windows internally cached the VM win10 after the first run of VM win10. You may check the Total Read during you run VM again, and you shall see its value will not increase much. This means that almost no data is requested to read from the drive.

If you like to see the cache effect, you may do the following experiment.
1) remove the drive D from the current cache task.
2) Shutdown VM, and reboot the host computer.
3) Create a new cache task for the drive D with the cache settings L1 4GB Read/4GB Write, 60s Defer-Write, enable Prefetch and Prefetch at Windows boot.
4) Now run VM win10 and check the cache statistics, and you shall see Total Read is increasing and L1 Free Cache is decreasing.
5) Now shutdown VM and reboot the host computer again.
6) After reboot, check the statistics on D drive. When you see prefetch is done. Run VM win 10 again and you shall see the Cached Read is increasing.
journeytu
Level 1
Level 1

Re: VM Win10 not working ?

Post by journeytu »

OK I'll Try again
Thx