Is it dangerous to have Intel RST installed? Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
nrw
Level 2
Level 2

Is it dangerous to have Intel RST installed?

Post by nrw »

Is it dangerous to have PrimoCache and Intel RST installed in the same time? Any data corruption possible?
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Is it dangerous to have Intel RST installed?

Post by Jaga »

A long, long time ago (5+ years) I had an issue with this, and emailed support at Romex about it. They promptly resolved the issue I was having with RST and Primocache, but I'm uncertain any still remain. One of my workarounds at the time was to leave the RST driver installed, but uninstall the software (management panel) for it.

Support may have more definitive information for you on the current status.
nrw
Level 2
Level 2

Post by nrw »

Jaga wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:22 pm One of my workarounds at the time was to leave the RST driver installed, but uninstall the software (management panel) for it.
As I know, it is impossible to uninstall RST driver using standard uninstall procedure. Do you mean to uninstall of management panel, in order to exclude possibility to activate some raid futures, which can conflict with PrimoCache?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

There was an issue between PrimoCache and Intel RST long time ago. We shall have already fixed it, and we haven't received bug reports about the compatibility with Intel RST for years.