Cache warming utility?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
horizon
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Cache warming utility?

Post by horizon »

support wrote: Tue Apr 07, 2020 8:48 am @horizon, yes, we are now starting to support file-related features. Sorry for the slow progress as we have many tasks to do.
Awesome, good to know...
Other than this... I believe, the key is to find the good use cases in enterprise area... There, on the desktops, virtual desktops, servers the small improvement (e.g. in logon times, boot times, storage system relief) could have a massive positive impact on costs and infrastructure load. (For example: Using primocache for IOPS shaping, which is dynamicallydriven by the responsiveness of storage system could be a killer feature.) There are PLENTY of such features.
Obviously, this would have to be complemented by logging and monitoring capabilities. (e.g. having a Splunk app allowing to visualise measured values and calculate the benefits.)
As a side effect, this might allow to keep the "community version" as a free product... Just thinking... :)
KopBuH91
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Cache warming utility?

Post by KopBuH91 »

RobF99 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:14 am I use a small command line utility called readfile.exe. You can run it as a batch with a bunch of switches. e.g. readfile *.* /s to recurse a directory and its subdirectories. The basic release had a minor bug in recursing directories that I had my programmer fix since it is open source. You can get it here:

http://www.winimage.com/readfile.htm

If you want a copy of the slightly modified/fixed version I have I can send it to you or attach it to this thread (if allowed to).
please. upload fixed version to any place, i cannot send you PM