Kernel component is not running! Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Kernel component is not running!

Post by Jaga »

PangOS wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:54 am
support wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:12 am @PangOS,if trial has expired, the kernel component will not run.
Maybe re-read my post?

I am aware it will not work if expired. However if you read my post, it displayed this behavior and it stopped working 12 days before the trial was up!

I had gone through the event viewer and there were no errors. The NT Boot Log showed rxfcv.sys as LOADED.

I'm concerned that if I purchase it still will not work.

Clearly if you purchase it and register a license in the software, it will work. It works for thousands of other people who have bought the software. If it didn't, you'd see them out here complaining daily. The Primocache trial is quite long to begin with, so a loss of ~12 days for whatever reason is hardly a good reason not to buy it if it was working well for you. 48 Days should be long enough to determine if it is something you want.
PangOS
Level 2
Level 2

Post by PangOS »

Jaga wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:40 am
PangOS wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:54 am
support wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:12 am @PangOS,if trial has expired, the kernel component will not run.
Maybe re-read my post?

I am aware it will not work if expired. However if you read my post, it displayed this behavior and it stopped working 12 days before the trial was up!

I had gone through the event viewer and there were no errors. The NT Boot Log showed rxfcv.sys as LOADED.

I'm concerned that if I purchase it still will not work.

Clearly if you purchase it and register a license in the software, it will work. It works for thousands of other people who have bought the software. If it didn't, you'd see them out here complaining daily. The Primocache trial is quite long to begin with, so a loss of ~12 days for whatever reason is hardly a good reason not to buy it if it was working well for you. 48 Days should be long enough to determine if it is something you want.
I do want to purchase the license. As I stated before, I was extremely happy with it's performance.

"A loss of 12 days for *whatever reason*"

Perhaps the *whatever reason* may mean that it still will not work after purchasing the license?
I've seen others say that this has happened, seemingly after purchasing the license it still did not work.

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4582&p=12369&hilit ... ent#p12369

To simplify things, if I buy it and it doesn't work on this system, may I have a refund?
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaga »

Not being a member of Romex's team, I can't speak for them. But my past experiences with their support lead me to say 'yes' - if you couldn't get an activation code to work even with their help, they'd refund the purchase. But since you've read that other topic, you have their email address. I'd send them the question directly.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@PangOS, sure, if the activation code does not work, we will refund the payment. Don't worry about it.
Regarding the trial, sometimes change of system time will cause the expiration.
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaga »

Have you actually purchased a copy of the program? Seems like not doing so and asking for support -after- it's expired for you (or you're somehow running a pirated version) is just a poor idea. Support is here to answer pre-sales questions, and for providing actual support for paying customers. I haven't had an issue with the program in 7 or 8 years, even when it was under a different name. I've never seen complaints like you're putting out there, from any other poster.

I'd buy a copy and ask for support, and then if it still isn't working get a refund like Support offered. The constant complaints without owning a license are a little tiring, to be honest.