Freeze problems when using primocache

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
gotterdammerungly
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Freeze problems when using primocache

Post by gotterdammerungly »

It is working perfectly at the moment! I shall post if any issues recur. I will try to 'stress' the system a bit to see if that replicates it. This might be nothing to do with npelov's problem, but when I read his post I knew I had recently been experiencing something similar.
InquiringMind
Level SS
Level SS

Post by InquiringMind »

Try checking the Windows Event Log - freezes which affect the mouse cursor also are typical of a hardware problem (disk or disk interface), which could be caused by a loose connection or cable. Look in particular for event entries reporting a timeout.
gotterdammerungly
Level 4
Level 4

Everything is working perfectly for me now. 2.4.0 seems to be a very good version...
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@gotterdammerungly, thank you very much for the feedback and follow-up!
npelov
Level 5
Level 5

Post by npelov »

Well I had it happen once or twice with no write caching at all. It is less frequent though.
gotterdammerungly
Level 4
Level 4

sad to say there was another total lock-up tonight, requiring a hard-reboot.Primocache does seem to be involved. The Sandisk Extreme 64 GB is connected straight into a USB3.0 port. It can easily shift 200mb/s , and its access times are similarly good.I tried another SD drive, a 32, and it was just the same. these issues did not occur when i was using Primocache on both of these machines running Windows 8.1
The machine locks absolutely solid....sporadic activity flickers between the hard drive and the Sandisk Primocache drive. Data is passing through...but only vvvveeeeerrrrrryyyy slowly........
if you wait it could take house or never, if you reboot you might trash your PC
Life is too short.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@gotterdammerungly, we have sent you an email about this problem. Please check.
Thank you!
gotterdammerungly
Level 4
Level 4

Okay...I am happy to try to help. I have reinstalled 2.2.0 as asked. I am trying to pin down exactly what situations this is happening in - but I use this PC for many tasks, and it is usually doing the same things. The only other significant factor that has changed with this machine is that it is now Windows 10, and personally I think 8.1 was much better and certainly more stable.
I shall report any incidents, and also if they go away with 2.2.0
Until now I have found Primocache utterly stable, reliable and a great boost to the performance of all my PCs. I consider it one of the most impressive pieces of software I have come across.
There is of course a good possibility that the problem lies with my machine, or the Windows 10 installation on it. However, I am pretty good at keeping a PC healthy and I do all the right stuff, regularly.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Yes, we'd like to know if the version 2.2.0 has such problems with the same Windows OS in the same machine. Let's wait for the results.
Thank you very much!
gotterdammerungly
Level 4
Level 4

No problem so far with 2.2.0.