Win10 TP + Hyper-V + Primocache BSOD

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
seoseokho83
Level 2
Level 2

Win10 TP + Hyper-V + Primocache BSOD

Post by seoseokho83 »

Does Primocache have plans to support Windows 10?

I'm using Windows 10 Technical Preview with Hyper-V. In one of my VMs, I have CentOS 7 + Mariadb installed. After remotely connecting to the DB for a while I always seem to get MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD. Is there a solution by changing some of my settings or should I wait for Primocache to officially support Windows 10?

Win 10 Machine: 16 GB RAM, 512GB C: drive, Windows 10 Tech Preview build 9926
VM on Hyper-V: 2GB RAM + Dynamic RAM (Min: 512MB Max: 4GB), 60GB VHDX on C:
Primocache setup: 2GB Read & Write L1 Cache on C:, 4KB Block, Deferred write 20 Sec

Thanks!
Bjameson
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Win10 TP + Hyper-V + Primocache BSOD

Post by Bjameson »

Well I've been running Hyper-V machines on Windows 8.1 cached by Primocache without any problem at all.

Although other cache vendors already proudly advertise with Windows 10 compatibility, TP means exactly what it suggest - Technical Preview.
Your problem might be caused by PrimoCache. Or it might be caused by Windows 10 TP. Anycase, fixing it now gives no guarantee that it will work with the final W10 release. Microsoft is free to change things to the very last moment.

Just hold on until the W10 final release. I'm quite sure that Romex will quickly fix any issues left. Fixing a TP issue now seems like lost time to me. On the other hand, Romex could at least investigate the problem. It would help if you could e-mail your Windows crash dump to Romex support.
RobF
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RobF »

Bjameson wrote:...... I'm quite sure that Romex will quickly fix any issues left.
It has been 11 months since release and nary a patch has been seen in spite of the common problems people are reporting.
While I hope you are correct I don't share your confidence that they will quickly fix anything.
Engineer
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Engineer »

RobF wrote:
Bjameson wrote:...... I'm quite sure that Romex will quickly fix any issues left.
It has been 11 months since release and nary a patch has been seen in spite of the common problems people are reporting.
While I hope you are correct I don't share your confidence that they will quickly fix anything.
I FULLY AGREE!
Davey126
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Davey126 »

RobF wrote:
Yup - feels like an abandoned product.
RobF
Level 3
Level 3

Post by RobF »

I've since removed PrimoCache and installed MaxVeloSSD.