Speed improvement

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Speed improvement

Post by minhgi »

It seem Primocache .9.1 is allot faster with than.9.0. On reboot, I notice the Windows 8 icon appear for second and then disappear. With v.0.9.0, the icon stay on the screen for at least 5 seconds.

Either the Primocache volume driver filter get load earlier and start to read from the L2 cache or the filter was coded optimum, v.0.9.1 had a major speed improvement. Definitely my Windows 8 bootup faster than before. No hardware change on my Lenovo since last version test.

Thanks big time :D
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Speed improvement

Post by Support »

:o actually this is not expected...
Btw, is "Fast Startup" in Windows 8 enabled?
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

This is from a complete restart. I hitting a 98-99% cache rate every boot. version .9.0 was getting 94-95% hit rate. I have no idea what change I make except for another windows update. I buying the software for sure.
stenrulz
Level 4
Level 4

Post by stenrulz »

minhgi wrote:It seem Primocache .9.1 is allot faster with than.9.0. On reboot, I notice the Windows 8 icon appear for second and then disappear. With v.0.9.0, the icon stay on the screen for at least 5 seconds.

Either the Primocache volume driver filter get load earlier and start to read from the L2 cache or the filter was coded optimum, v.0.9.1 had a major speed improvement. Definitely my Windows 8 bootup faster than before. No hardware change on my Lenovo since last version test.

Thanks big time :D
Just out of interest what you do have setup as your L2 cache?