Quick Setup

FAQ, getting help, user experience about PrimoCache
warchief
Level 1
Level 1

Quick Setup

Post by warchief »

Hi, I am new to this software and I do not know how to set it up.. I just started to learn DaVinci Resolve and I have the following setup:

1. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB ( This has 2 Partitions.. one for Windows and the Other partition is empty)
2. WD Blue SSD which is full with Data
3. 1TB HDD Which has 3 Partitions 1 is full and the other 2 partitions of ~200 GB are empty.
4. 2 x 8 = 16 GB RAM

I want to use the empty partition of the EVO for caching data from the 2 partitions of the HDD as I would be installing resolve in one of the HDD partitions.. what would be the best way to go about it in terms of how much L1 and L2 cache and defer-write timings. I can dedicate 100 GB from the EVO partition for L2.... please I am sorry if it sounds like much to ask and thank you for replying
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Quick Setup

Post by Support »

Welcome to the forum!

For a quick setup, please see
https://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/pri ... guide.html

If you don't want to use all space in your empty partition of the Samsung EVO ssd, you need to create a dedicated partition at first, with the size you want to use for L2. Then use PrimoCahe to convert this partition to L2 storage volume.
warchief
Level 1
Level 1

Post by warchief »

This is how I have setup is this optimal for my system
03.png
03.png (213.33 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
Attachments
05.png
05.png (52.09 KiB) Viewed 1272 times
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

It's good. You may run for several days and tune.
Tiitu
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Tiitu »

Please, try the Level-2 Individual Read/Write setting at 50% and compare the results to those with your current setting.