[2019-12-31] PrimoCache 3.2.0 and 4.0.0 alpha released!

First hand news related to PrimoCache
RobF99
Level 8
Level 8

Re: [2019-12-31] PrimoCache 3.2.0 and 4.0.0 alpha released!

Post by RobF99 »

I also experienced this bluescreen issue (irql_not_less_or_equal) at least three times (not every time) when running a game while remoted into another system using Parsec. I will try using 3.2.0 again to see if it happens again.
I have been having this happen occasionally too on a Dell Dimension Windows 7. It would happen with V3.09 and with V4. It seems to happen more with write cache set to Idle-Flush and less frequently with Native. I find that when write cache is disabled on my system drive then it doesn't happen at all. I have this product on 5 office PCs and it only happens on my Dell Dimension main system.

At the same time though, I find if I run SFC /SCANNOW there are some problems with system files that my PC can't fix. So I might have a fundamental problem with my OS. It never used to happen but it crept in. I am sure that a reformat would correct the issue.

So run SFC /SCANNOW and see if that can fix any corrupted system files you may have.
ryh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ryh »

RobF99 wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:52 pm
I also experienced this bluescreen issue (irql_not_less_or_equal) at least three times (not every time) when running a game while remoted into another system using Parsec. I will try using 3.2.0 again to see if it happens again.
I have been having this happen occasionally too on a Dell Dimension Windows 7. It would happen with V3.09 and with V4. It seems to happen more with write cache set to Idle-Flush and less frequently with Native. I find that when write cache is disabled on my system drive then it doesn't happen at all. I have this product on 5 office PCs and it only happens on my Dell Dimension main system.

At the same time though, I find if I run SFC /SCANNOW there are some problems with system files that my PC can't fix. So I might have a fundamental problem with my OS. It never used to happen but it crept in. I am sure that a reformat would correct the issue.

So run SFC /SCANNOW and see if that can fix any corrupted system files you may have.
In my case the old system (Intel CPU i7-5775k) was about 5 year old. But new system (AMD CPU 3600) is bran new OS (like month after fresh install from scrach). Both have the same problem. Both systems are all new hardware (everything - even case) - i dont count router. What is similar is that both 32GB RAM - maybe that is to much (?).
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@ryh, @emiliobadillio, could you find minidump files related to these bluescreen crashes and sent to [email protected]? Regarding minidump files, please see https://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/kno ... -file.html
Please also send us a screenshot of your PrimoCache main dialog showing the cache configuration and statistics by highlighting the target volume item in the main dialog.
Thanks a lot.
ryh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ryh »

Support wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 8:27 am @ryh, @emiliobadillio, could you find minidump files related to these bluescreen crashes and sent to [email protected]? Regarding minidump files, please see https://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/kno ... -file.html
Please also send us a screenshot of your PrimoCache main dialog showing the cache configuration and statistics by highlighting the target volume item in the main dialog.
Thanks a lot.
Will do this after this week.
Right now runing at version 3.2.0 to check if it work without blue screens problem.
After that week will start using version 4.0.0 again and when when ive got blue screen again - will send u minidump and screenshots of PC settings/config.
ryh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ryh »

Just got bluescreen with PC 3.2.0.
Minidump etc. goes to [email protected].
Jaga
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Jaga »

ryh wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:04 pm Just got bluescreen with PC 3.2.0.
Haven't had an issue with 3.2.0 since it was released, used on a workstation for ~12-16 hours a day every day. Yours points to a possible hardware or OS issue, or stability problem (possibly with memory).
ryh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ryh »

Jaga wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:39 am
Haven't had an issue with 3.2.0 since it was released, used on a workstation for ~12-16 hours a day every day. Yours points to a possible hardware or OS issue, or stability problem (possibly with memory).
Strange is that i've this issue identical on two completly diffrenet PCs (prev old one and now new one).
Maybe it's a problem/conflict with other software used on old and new PC - at first (doing now) i will check PC stabilisty for week without Malewarebytes AntiVirus that was used od old PC and now on new PC.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

We have received files and analyzed them. The bluescreen was caused by the process mbamservice.ex which belongs to Malwarebytes, resulting in a crash on the driver NETIO.SYS (network related driver). If you are not using the latest version of Malwarebytes, you may update it and test again.
Thanks.
ryh
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ryh »

Support wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:29 am
We have received files and analyzed them. The bluescreen was caused by the process mbamservice.ex which belongs to Malwarebytes, resulting in a crash on the driver NETIO.SYS (network related driver). If you are not using the latest version of Malwarebytes, you may update it and test again.
Thanks.
Thx!!!
That is "good" news. :) Mean that PrimoCache 4 alhpa is stable - using now for few days with uninstalled Malewarebytes and no bluscreens for now. Previously i suspiced MW and only turned OFF all realtime options of MW - but still then got bluescreens.

Malewarebytes I was using was recent everyday updated version.
Subbimitted ticket to MW.
HotLasagna
Level 2
Level 2

Post by HotLasagna »

Hello, I'm thinking of purchasing a license and trying out 4.0alpha. Does this version allow the user to extract an external SSD (used for cache) safely without the cache being wiped? Perhaps by performing parity checks next time the drive is connected?