[2015-06-17] PrimoCache 2.0.0 preview released!

First hand news related to PrimoCache
na1nsxr
Level 1
Level 1

Re: [2015-06-17] PrimoCache 2.0.0 preview released!

Post by na1nsxr »

Boxes unchecked for all cached volumes. I do not like this behavior as I do not want the computer to spend time loading up the 5GB cache at startup as opposed to...starting up. Not saying the function should be removed, but I need an option to turn it off.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

PrimoCache does not prefetch L1 cache if you don't enable the option. Also PrimoCache prefetchs data when Windows is idle. I don't think PrimoCache has such behavior as you described. You may upload a screenshot of the error.
AndreyPetrov
Level 2
Level 2

Post by AndreyPetrov »

One question - does PrimoCache effective on Windows Storage Spaces? If I cache thin-provisioned (50TB for example) mirror or parity storage space using PrimoCache - it gives any performance enhancement or not? Did you test PrimoCache in such environment? Any suggestions (hints) for cache options in this case?
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

Thanks for this amazing version :) !!!!!!!!
intika
Level 9
Level 9

Post by intika »

Your product look really great now !!! you just need some advertisement to get more customer and a new design for your website
For the advertisement your can :
- be present on the important IT events
- make some commercial contracts with other products to include your product in a bundle
- example server providers (kvm/vps/dedicated server etc) those who offer windows server
- contact big companies that work with windows to explain them the benefit of your product, like microsoft, telecom companies etc... you have to do it personally not over mail or so...
- get users to make reviews on youtube or make them yourself
- contact computer manufacturer personally to make wholesale offer (like hp, sony, samsung, packardbell etc...)

etc etc...
any way congratulation for this amazing version :) !!!!
na1nsxr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by na1nsxr »

support wrote:PrimoCache does not prefetch L1 cache if you don't enable the option. Also PrimoCache prefetchs data when Windows is idle. I don't think PrimoCache has such behavior as you described. You may upload a screenshot of the error.
Hello, here is my screenshot. My system uptime is in the lower right corner here, exactly 15 minutes, but the stats are the same as after startup:

caqde
Level 2
Level 2

Post by caqde »

na1nsxr wrote:
support wrote:PrimoCache does not prefetch L1 cache if you don't enable the option. Also PrimoCache prefetchs data when Windows is idle. I don't think PrimoCache has such behavior as you described. You may upload a screenshot of the error.
Hello, here is my screenshot. My system uptime is in the lower right corner here, exactly 15 minutes, but the stats are the same as after startup:

Are you using Windows 8(8.1) or Windows 10. If that is so then you are likely seeing the effects of the fast boot option in your OS. In that case some data is saved in the hiberfile and carried over into the next run of your OS. This is to reduce OS load times but seems in this case to save Primocache's statistical data from one session to another until you reboot the system. You should notice it clears on a reboot. This is the way it acts on my Windows 10 machine.
na1nsxr
Level 1
Level 1

Post by na1nsxr »

caqde wrote:
na1nsxr wrote:

Are you using Windows 8(8.1) or Windows 10. If that is so then you are likely seeing the effects of the fast boot option in your OS. In that case some data is saved in the hiberfile and carried over into the next run of your OS. This is to reduce OS load times but seems in this case to save Primocache's statistical data from one session to another until you reboot the system. You should notice it clears on a reboot. This is the way it acts on my Windows 10 machine.
Thank you I think this explains the situation.