Hybrid-disk and File-Disk performance is very poor!

Report bugs or suggestions around Primo Ramdisk
tekken
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Hybrid-disk and File-Disk performance is very poor!

Post by tekken »

Did you write about improvement to PrimoCache in next version of program or I must to do some more settings?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Sorry, I didn't make it clear. I mean we will check the difference between Primo Ramdisk and PrimoCache, and will try to improve PrimoCache in future versions. In principle, PrimoCache's speed is slower than Primo ramdisk. However, here speed gap seems too big.
tekken
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tekken »

I understand, that PrimoCache cache for the performance of the 4KB block will be always weaker than Primo RamDisk, because when the cache handles I/O requests, it will take additional process time for caching works besides delivering requests to my raid. But if you can to improve PrimoCache in future version will be very good!
What about Hybrid-disk: Ramdisk + Partition extend? Can you add this future in Primo RamDisk to improve perfomance?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

We will also improve the performance on hybrid disks, but I'm afraid that this may not come out soon.
tekken
Level 4
Level 4

Post by tekken »

I understand that you have a lot of tasks now, can I help you with money to speed it up?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Thank you for your offer. I'm sorry that we have own task schedule. We will try to improve this as soon as possible.