Are We Able To Load An Image File On Demand? Topic is solved

Report bugs or suggestions around Primo Ramdisk
Jamil
Level 3
Level 3

Are We Able To Load An Image File On Demand?

Post by Jamil »

I had some files that I accidentally deleted on my ram disk using Primo Ramdisk Ultimate Edition 5.7.0. I do have an image file that contains all contents, but I do not see a way that I can load this image file on demand. Is this possible at all? If not, can you please consider adding this feature?

Thank you.
Jamil
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Are We Able To Load An Image File On Demand?

Post by Jamil »

I just found that we can do this now, and I have recovered all the data that I accidentally deleted. My image file is automatically saved and loaded at windows shutdown and startup respectively. I had never rebooted after deleting the files that I needed, so all I had to do was change the current settings of the existing image file from Load & Save to Load only. After this, I clicked yes two times to two different questions asked. One question was to apply the change now or wait for reboot. I had to click yes to this one; otherwise, I would have lost my image file when it saves again at shutdown.

I got my data back in slightly tricky way.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Are We Able To Load An Image File On Demand?

Post by Support »

Sorry for the late reply because we were on holiday.
Primo Ramdisk supports to load an image file on demand. You can right-click on the ramdisk item in the Primo Ramdisk main dialog and then choose the "Associate Image" in the popup context menu.