Windows warning on remove ramdisk

Report bugs or suggestions around Primo Ramdisk
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Windows warning on remove ramdisk

Post by arfgh »

Ok, from the top involved event to the down: I will try to translate it because the message is in spanish

ID 57, Source FancyRd The system can not clean transition registry data. It is possible that exist damages.
ID 57, Source FancyRd The system can not clean transition registry data. It is possible that exist damages.
ID 50, Source Ntfs Error delayed write. Windows can not save all data from the file. The data was lost. Possible cause the hardware or net connection.

I feel the issue as a time problem, fancyRd hasnt over the saving procedure when proceed to the remove ramdisk. Just my guess...

edit: clearly the problem is on the saving procedure because when we reinitialize, or remove a ramdisk with no image file support, the errors never appear.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Well, where did you store the image file? And did you immediately delete the image file after remove the ramdisk? The problem happens when the image file which was associated with the deleted ramdisk was removed before Windows finally finished saving.
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Post by arfgh »

the image file is on a physical HDD, settings to auto-save each 60 minutes. Never delete the image file while using it.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Kind of weird...Did you immediately delete the image file after you removed the ramdisk? How about if you change the ramdisk to a SCSI ramdisk?
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Post by arfgh »

like i said, never. If i use an image isnt to be deleted after use.
The problem, like i said, seems to be some kind of time critic procedure in Primo Ramdisk. Clearly the program want to remove it while the buffers are not freed or something about....

I havent tried the SCSI, because the speedy write and read is in IO method. The wanted one.
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Post by arfgh »

i tried a bit the SCSI, and seems that the problem isnt happening, anyways i have to try it more.
BUT, the performance is clearly down in comparisson with the IO.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Thanks for the information, arfgh.
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Post by arfgh »

anyways i am scared with the problem because, in theory i would have all the ramdisk images with damages ?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

As we so far cannot replicate the problem you reported on DirectIO ramdisks, I'm not sure about the results of this problem. However, according to the symptoms, I'm sorry that I have to say in theory the images you created before may be broken.
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Post by arfgh »

but see the fact that i have used several times these images. Even when these errors are reported by the system. Usually they are games, and others....

Have you located the problem ?

Edit: maybe will help you to isolate the problem. The errors and warnings never happen if we left Primo to save the ramdisk content on the computer shutdown. Never !