Event ID 1 Source SR

Report bugs or suggestions around Primo Ramdisk
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Event ID 1 Source SR

Post by arfgh »

i am obtaining these event id 1 source SR with the use of primo ramdisk ultimate 5.6.0

the kind is Error and the message is:

System restore found unexpected error 0xC0000010 while processing the file desktop.ini in the volume FancyRdRawPort0Target1. The volume managing stopped,

how to fix it and what kind of problem could promote ?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Event ID 1 Source SR

Post by Support »

Could you try SCSI ramdisk instead of DirectIO ramdisk? The system restore may not recognize DirectIO virtual disks.

PS. what's your Windows OS?

Thanks.
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Post by arfgh »

i use xp x64 sp2.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

support wrote:Could you try SCSI ramdisk instead of DirectIO ramdisk? The system restore may not recognize DirectIO virtual disks.
Many thanks.
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Post by arfgh »

but the problem is that i dont have the ramdisks managed by the system restore. At least they arent in the system restore list.
So why this happends ?

the problem appears to be the same as is described here: http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/ramdis ... 82279.html

do you plant to implement some solution as a patch or something ?

edit: i have obtained another different event error.

The system restore has found an unexpected error "0xC0000010 while processing the file "RECYCLER" in the volume "FancyRdRawPort0Target0". The volume managing has stopped.

Recycler ??????
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

System restore filter driver does some actions on DirectIO ramdisks, even DirectIO ramdisks are not managed. You may try SCSI ramdisks instead of DirectIO ramdisks.

Hope it helps.
Thanks.
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Post by arfgh »

i think that you dont understand the situation.

i dont have and dont want that the system restore program manage the ramdisks. An in fact they arent in the system restore list.
So then, why these messages appears ?

thx in advancd
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Because Primo/VSuite Ramdisk emulates physical disks, volumes on these virtual disks will be detected by system restore program. The restore program tried to manage these disks but failed. So you don't see these virtual disks on the restore manage list, but you see the error messages (logged while restore program tried to manage virtual disks).
arfgh
Level 7
Level 7

Post by arfgh »

ok, and do you know if exist some way to prevent or to config System Restore program to dont allow it to try to manage the ramdisks ?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

arfgh wrote:do you know if exist some way to prevent or to config System Restore program to dont allow it to try to manage the ramdisks ?
well, I'm sorry that so far I haven't found a way...We'll study if it is possible to natively prevent it.
Thanks.