Direct-IO ramdisk issue with Windows System Recovery enable

Report bugs or suggestions around Primo Ramdisk
ramdiskyokim825
Level 3
Level 3

Direct-IO ramdisk issue with Windows System Recovery enable

Post by ramdiskyokim825 »

The error below is recorded in the Windows event logs when I changed SCSI ramdisk to Direct-IO as following:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: sr
Event ID: 1
Description-1: The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC0000010' while processing the file 'RECYCLER' on the volume 'FancyRdRawPort0Target0'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.
Description-2: The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC0000010' while processing the file 'RECYCLER' on the volume 'FancyRdRawPort0Target1'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.
Description-3: The System Restore filter encountered the unexpected error '0xC0000010' while processing the file 'Temporary Internet Files' on the volume 'FancyRdRawPort0Target2'. It has stopped monitoring the volume.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Remark:
[A]. I created 3 ramdisks (1) 'FancyRdRawPort0Target0' for P:\PAGE-RAM (384MB pagefile.sys only) (2)'FancyRdRawPort0Target1' for R:\RAMDISK (512MB system and user TEMP/TMP files) (3)'FancyRdRawPort0Target3' for S:\CACHE-RAM (512MB cahce files for IE8,Chrome19 Beta,Opera11.62,Firefox12beta, and junction points for Adobe and Flashplay cache files),
both 3 ramdisk on NTFS file system and Dynamic Memory Management enable at Windows 32bits perfessional SP3 operating system.
. My computer System Recovery was enable and run 'autorecovery.bat' batch file to create System Recovery point automatically after Windows start-up as following:
------------------------autorecovery.bat----------------------------------------------------------
echo CreateSystemRecoveryPoint.....
D:\CreateSystemRecoveryPoint.vbs
------------------------D:\CreateSystemRecoveryPoint.vbs---------------------------------------
Set IRP=getobject("winmgmts:\\.\root\default:Systemrestore")
MYRP=IRP.createrestorepoint("CreateSystemRecoveryPoint",0,100)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suspecious:
There are no problem if the ramdisks were created by SCSI disk type in the same configuration, so I doubt because of Direct-IO ramdisks did not be recognized by Windows Disk Management then got SR error,but SCSI ramdisks are visible in Windows Disk Management so no problem/error even both 3 ramdisks (P:\, R:\, S:\) System Recovery were enable.I can not disable both 3 Dirct-IO ramdisks (P"\,R:\,S:\) via Windows System Recovery console because ther are invisible in Windows Disk Management.
Please help to investigate it and any suggestion is appreciated, thank you in advance.How should I be able to get rid of this problem ?
The Direct-IO ramdisk performance much better than SCSI ramdisk, and I would like to keep autorecovery function automatically after each Windows Start-Up safely for system recovery.
ramdiskyokim825
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Direct-IO ramdisk issue with Windows System Recovery ena

By the way,
Version under Primo Ramdisk Standard edition 5.4.0 (Multilingual).
Total system memory is 2GB in Thinpad R40 2723-3V2, however it is independent on hardware related issue, because it work very well if running SCSI ramdisks.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

I havn't reproduced the problem you mentioned yet.
However I think a temporary solution is to change the ramdisk file system from NTFS to FAT32 since sr.sys driver only attaches to the NTFS volume.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

well, I am sorry that the above solution may not work.
ramdiskyokim825
Level 3
Level 3

Have updated to version 5.5.0, but same error report still existence. The issue also existence in FAT32 format for Direct-IO ramdisk, I changed back to SCSI ramdisk temporary.
Your continue supporting is highly appreciated.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

I'll keep you posted when we have any updates.
Thanks.