windows installer fails while attempting delete of fancyrd.sys

Report bugs or suggestions around Primo Ramdisk
Noah
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Noah »

I run windows 10 for the thrill of being spied on. Don't judge me! Really, though- there is something weird about the installer.

Seriously though- I can't get 6.4.1 to install due to said issue. There is a chance the built in McAffee Livesafe is "protecting" the drivers directory, but the problem persists even when I run the installer as administrator. My machine is pretty much a standard WIndows 10 HP Desktop, just purchased. The only system software I have installed on it is VirtualBox, DesktopOK, cygwin (bash and GNU stuff), and AHK (autohotkey). Of those only virtualbox has modified the drivers directory.

The weird thing is that when I look it up in my System information, under Components :: Software Environment- it looks like fancyrd is running. This is despite the fact that I hit "abort" when advised to do so by your installer. Does your ramdisk controller driver ship with windows now? Or did the installer somehow fail to roll back its changes? I may have hit cancel originally when installing because I had decided to go with the version from your actual website, rather the one from whatever 3rd party service I had found it on. (Download.com or some such.)

According to system info: the driver doesn't support pause but it does support stop, is in status "OK", is started, is a kernel rather than filesystem driver. I hope this helps!

Any info would be mucho appreciated. Thanks!

system details:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042
System Model HP Desktop M01-F1114
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Ryzen 3 4300G with Radeon Graphics, 3800 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date AMI F.13, 3/29/2021
SMBIOS Version 3.3
Embedded Controller Version 103.16
BIOS Mode UEFI
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: windows installer fails while attempting delete of fancyrd.sys

Post by Support »

Have you tried uninstalling the old one first?