Juntion Point question

FAQ, getting help, user experience about Primo Ramdisk
ilcaa
Level 1
Level 1

Juntion Point question

Post by ilcaa »

trying to understand the Junction Point functionality...

i have Windows files that i would like to place in my new Ram disk (to make things work faster). Is the windows folder that contains the files the Mount point or the Target? if I choose that folder as Mount pt, it says i must move the items into Z:\ram disk.

So if this happens my windows folder will be a mirror of my ram disk, and any programs that was installed and uses files from this folder will be re-directed to the z:\ram disk ? im i understanding this correctly? For exampl, my Program Files folder... i have programs that i noticed constantly access this folder when running.... do i create a Mount point from this folder and the z:\ ram disk as the target and allow to move the files to Z:\

thanks for any help.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Juntion Point question

Post by Support »

Yes, you are correct. Please keep in mind that there is only one copy of data in the target folder and no copy in the mount point folder, so the ramdisk must enable the backing image. Otherwise after reboot, all data on the ramdisk will be lost.
Also it is not recommended to redirect the whole Program Files because usually this folder is quite big and some files are being used and cannot be removed.
Shadowarez
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Juntion Point question

Post by Shadowarez »

for this i normally only put files in like Chrome/Firefox and been testing with Sony Vegas 17 Pro very quick Build times on new projects and scrubbing is realtime.