Couple of small bugs passed from OCZ forum... Topic is solved

Report bugs or suggestions around FancyCache
magic-man
Level 6
Level 6

Couple of small bugs passed from OCZ forum...

Post by magic-man »

Over at OCZ forum, we have been discussing FancyCache for some time... Here is a couple of reports from there for version 0.5.0:
I am trying out the FancyCache volumes version 0.5.0 on a spinning disk drive before using it on my Vertex 2, and it seems to work fine in operation. But on boot I just had a bit of a problem. I use PerfectDisk 11 for defrags, and just did a boot-time defrag, which went OK. But then, instead of booting up to Windows 7 as usual, I got an error message stating "DefragFs: PerfectDisk failed to start correctly". I could not boot, and even the Windows repair procedure could not fix it. So I had to boot into the Ultimate Boot CD for Windows and hack out all references to PerfectDisk from the registry. Now it boots fine, but it is something that perhaps they did not test with FancyCache.
Note: The boot-time defrag using Defraggler did not cause any problem, so I will use that now. I don't think it is necessary for SSDs anyway.
When I leave the statistics window open and the monitor goes into standby, the statistics are erased and the "start time" is the time that the monitor comes out of standby (my PC does not go into standby, only the monitor). But if I minimize the statistics window to the taskbar, it displays the statistics correctly when restored. I think the previous version did this too. It looks like a bug to me.
Support is welcome to join us there at: http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/forum ... disk-cache
And, I must say that I am VERY PLEASED that you and OCZ are working together to make this a GREAT product!

Also, if you want to know how I seem to know so much about SSDs and Caches, google "magic-man SSD". ;)
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Couple of small bugs passed from OCZ forum...

Post by Support »

Great! Thank you for posting back these two issues here :)
We'll check and fix them soon.

PS. yes, OCZ and us are now working together to further improve the performance. Hope we can bring the best products for users.

And again, we really do appreciate all your support to us!
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Couple of small bugs passed from OCZ forum...

Post by Support »

sorry, forgot to say that the issue with PerfectDisk11 boot time defragment has been fixed since version 0.6.0
(But the preivous versions might cause data corruption with boot time defragment if defer-write was enabled. Updating to the version 0.6.x won't fix the existing error. I am sorry for this trouble.)