Feature Suggestion: Performance Statistics

Report bugs or suggestions around FancyCache
magic-man
Level 6
Level 6

Feature Suggestion: Performance Statistics

Post by magic-man »

Would it be possible to make a new thread when users click performance statistics so they can close the main FancyCache program and leave the statistics screen up?
magic-man
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Feature Suggestion: Performance Statistics

Post by magic-man »

Also, is there a way to set a flag for a volume (or disk) in the software that would make the performance statistics pop up when you boot?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi magic-man,

We might do some major changes on the performance statistics later. But I am sorry that currently the tasks on performance statistics is in low priority.
Yura
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Yura »

> they can close the main FancyCache program and leave the statistics screen up
I agree ability to have a statistic window without the main window would be nice.
Evvivame
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Evvivame »

support wrote:Hi magic-man,

We might do some major changes on the performance statistics later. But I am sorry that currently the tasks on performance statistics is in low priority.
Hi,
OK ! ;) But remember: the user can be setting in the configuation more and more parameters but is very usefull to see their impact on the performaces !

For example : for me is very hard decide if must setting the Block Size =4kb or....32kb :D

According to up, i suggest to store/log the performaces to see the trend whole day

Thank for the attention!
MartiniGM
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MartiniGM »

Evvivame wrote:
support wrote:Hi magic-man,

Hi,
OK ! ;) But remember: the user can be setting in the configuation more and more parameters but is very usefull to see their impact on the performaces !

For example : for me is very hard decide if must setting the Block Size =4kb or....32kb :D

According to up, i suggest to store/log the performaces to see the trend whole day

Thank for the attention!
I second that. It would be really nice to log the performance data to a logfile or that when you opened the performance status window it would at least show data since last reboot.
Not necessarily always, but at least as an option in settings menu.

MartiniGM
dustyny
Level 8
Level 8

Post by dustyny »

For example : for me is very hard decide if must setting the Block Size =4kb or....32kb
Running a battery of Benchmarks is your best bet. Get a baseline benchmark, make some changes & see how it affects your benchmark results..