How to activate RA

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
Nina
Level 4
Level 4

How to activate RA

Post by Nina »

Hi,
How can I activate Read ahead via registry please? what's the appropriate value?

Thanks
magic-man
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How to activate RA

Post by magic-man »

I don't work for Romex. I am a user like you, but wanted to try to answer this one a bit...

I don't know that I would even try to manipulate the cache via the registry... Changing the resistry value itself won't stop or start the cache.... The registry entries are very dependent on the following:
Disk ID string and all the appropriate cache parameters... Then you would need to reboot...

I use the FancyCache interface to stop/suspend/start the cache, and find it easy to use.

Once the API is finalized, I plan on writing some free command line programs to execute commands for administrators such as stop, start, suspend, flush so they can control it without the users intervention...

just out of curiosity, why do you want to do it in the registry?
Nina
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Nina »

Thanks for your reply

Well, I am talking about (Read-Ahead) as an access pattern of Pages/Blocks, to enhance and optimize disk sequential reads.. RA option is in the Registry with value of (0) but not on the GUI..
magic-man
Level 6
Level 6

Post by magic-man »

That one is likely in there for the near future... Perhaps even the next version???? Dunno...
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi all,

yes, the RA option is reserved for future.