Cache Size limits?

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
magic-man
Level 6
Level 6

Cache Size limits?

Post by magic-man »

Are there Cache Size limits?
I am using a 1 Gig cache right now and all is well... Is there a break-even size? Was thinking about a 2 Gig cache for my 100G SSD (just to be crazy)...
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Cache Size limits?

Post by Support »

Almost no cache size limits. I think currently you shall not have 16TB memory. ;)
groberts101
Level 1
Level 1

Post by groberts101 »

I use 6-8 gigs. The more you use the better the gain from this software with larger pools of cached data to draw from. :)
goldendragon
Level 1
Level 1

Post by goldendragon »

support wrote:Almost no cache size limits. I think currently you shall not have 16TB memory. ;)
I'm intending to test FancyCache with a L2 ramdisk (not software, physical, seen by the system as RAID SATA drive ) of up to 96 GB if all slots are populated with 8 GB DIMM (12 slots). At the moment I'm at 12 GB, soon at 24GB.

Could you kindly be more specific on much is "almost"?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi,

The designed limit of the cache size is 16TB while block size is 4KB (more while increasing the block size). But this is also limited by your system resources such as 32-bit or 64-bit Windows and the installed physical memory size. Generally speaking, 1GB cache size requires about 5MB additional physical memory while block size is 4KB. ~3MB additional memory at 8KB block size, ~1.5MB additional memory at 16KB block size, and so on.