fancycache stopped working

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
shiraz
Level 1
Level 1

fancycache stopped working

Post by shiraz »

Fancycache has stopped working on my desktop computer. Under "Status" it says "Failed to aquire status! [0x80041010]". I have not tried my laptop yet this morning.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: fancycache stopped working

Post by Support »

Hi shiraz,

We have noticed it. The new beta version will be published soon and will solve it.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

please use the latest version 0.3.0.0
horizon
Level 5
Level 5

Post by horizon »

Hi!
I tried 0.300 on my 2 servers (VMW servers running w2k3 32b standard edition) and I am getting 80041010 error.
(Installation is ok, I restart and when I start GUI I am getting this message...)

Using FC for disk. In device manager I can see that rfcxd.sys is loaded for all disks buit GUI will simply not allow me to enabkle cache for any of the disks...
I believe that previous version was normaly working. (But I wasn't seriously testing in server environment... Due to deadlocks experienced in desktop environment.)

Any ideas?

Thanks
Lukas
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Hi horizon,

Could you try a clean installation (uninstalling the old one and then installing the new one) ?
Bjameson
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Bjameson »

G'day. This is my first post to this forum. I'm very impressed by FC so far and I will continue to beta test.

The [80041010] status code appears to be a direct result of the trial period having expired.
Beta 0.3.0.0 appears to use the same expiry mechanism as the previous beta, so uninstalling the previous one and installing 0.3.0.0 will not solve the problem.

I beta-test FC on several different machines. One of my machines had a CMOS problem, which caused the time/date to be off when I installed the beta.
When I discovered this and adjusted the clock, FC gave me the 80041010 error and would not recover. I cannot remember the date the clock was set to when I installed, not sure if that would help anyway. I would welcome instructions on how to solve this.

Also, could you possibly give some price indication for the finished product. I've tested several other products such as Superspeed, EBoostr etc. but FC outperforms them all. I run XP-SP3 32 bits with 6GB of memory so I can use both invisible memory and my OCZ SSD for L2. It works great!

Thank you very much.
horizon
Level 5
Level 5

Post by horizon »

2 support: I installed this on clean machines. (No installations of previous versions.)

--Lukas
data2318
Level 1
Level 1

Post by data2318 »

I have tried installing version 0.72, after restart, it says failed to acquire the status (0x80041010), on both Disk version and volume version. That sucks..
fsommer1968
Level 4
Level 4

Post by fsommer1968 »

Hi,

no, you sucks ;-) . UN-install any FC releases *and* reboot. Then install latest beta of FC *and* reboot. After this FC will work.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Just for other users: this topic shall be closed as data2318 has solved the install isuse by himself.