fancy cache for volume feed back Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
shiraz
Level 1
Level 1

fancy cache for volume feed back

Post by shiraz »

I am running fancy cache for volume on my desktop and on my laptop. Both are working great as long as I use the suggested block size. If I use a smaller block size, I get random lockups. Both systems are running SSD's and I tried fancy cache because my laptop SSD was using up more than 1% of the drive per week. I have been running fancy cache for about a month now and have used up about 1/5th of a percent over that time period. It would appear that the delayed writes have increase the life of my SSD from about 1 year to about 18 years.

My laptop is a Sony Vaio, I7-720QM, PM55 chipset, 8 gigs memory, 90 gig SSD, Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.
I am running 3 gigs in the cache, 32k block, Defered write, LFU-R, various write delays from 300 sec to 1200 sec (trying to see how long I can set it before problems start).

Desktop is Intel Q9450, gigabyte motherboard P45 chipset, ICH10R, 6 30gig SSD in Raid 0, latest Intel RST driver, Windows 7 Professional X64, 8 gigs of ram. Same setting for fancy cache as my laptop. I do not know if fancy cache is extending the life of my SSD's in my desktop, as the smart data is not avaliable in the raid configuration.

I tried fancy cache for drives on my desktop and had frequent blue screens, so I have not tried that version on my laptop as I use it for work.

I would like to have a way to flush the cache, other than that, it works perfect (the volume version). :mrgreen:
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: fancy cache for volume feed back

Post by Support »

Hi shiraz,

Thank you very much for your detail feedback.

We'll check the problems you mentioned. PS. the next beta version provides the way to flush the cache. :)
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: fancy cache for volume feed back

Post by Support »

have added "Flush Write" button in v0.3.0.0 which can manually flush deferred write data.