Next Version? Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Next Version?

Post by Support »

Did you restart the computer after you install the program?
neof1z wrote:It wont even start on my system running win pro x64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@Incriminated,

We want to simplify the options and thus make the program simple for users. Some options are removed because they are not very useful.
Incriminated wrote:What happened to...
..."Release After Write"-option?
..."Overcome HDD C1 Issue"-option?
..."Averaging Write Amount"-option?
neof1z
Level 1
Level 1

Post by neof1z »

support wrote:Did you restart the computer after you install the program?
neof1z wrote:It wont even start on my system running win pro x64!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@neof1z,

May I know more details about the issue? Did system crash, or just show an error message saying that program cannot create cache, or other errors? Thanks.
neof1z
Level 1
Level 1

Post by neof1z »

support wrote:@neof1z,

May I know more details about the issue? Did system crash, or just show an error message saying that program cannot create cache, or other errors? Thanks.
No other errors.Just what i say.It won't start at all!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for quick reply.
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

support wrote:@minhgi,

Thank you!

So you mean the volume to be cached, not the level-2 storage, right?
minhgi wrote:My raid 10 is basic, GPT, and UEFI on Windows 8 x64.
That would be my drive C: where my operation system is on. I am only testing the L1 cache at this time. Is there a error log where I can check or upload to you?
manus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by manus »

I have not tested yet, but I have the same setup as minhgi (Windows 8 x64, GPT, UEFI, RAID10 => 4x2TB => 4TB in OS).
UEFI, is it officially supported (integrated feature) by PrimoCache?

(I will receive a 128GB SSD in 2 days and I planned to test VeloSSD [UEFI support integrated], but if PrimoCache support it I will test it)
IvRak
Level 1
Level 1

Post by IvRak »

support wrote:@IvRak,

Thanks! Invisible Memory feature is not enabled in this version. We'll enable it later.
However the "add cache" function shall work. Did you tick the checkbox next to the volumes?
IvRak wrote: On the WinXP 32 bit, it does not work at all. It wont find the hidden memory, the icon for it is not active.
But worse still is that it wont allow me to setup a cache. When I use the add cache function, I can select the drives, but the next button is allways greyed out, and I cant get any further.
Yes. As far as I remember they got selected automatically when i selected the volumes.

I tried every combination of enabling cache on the drives, I could think of (the system has 5 HDD's, 4 SATA and 1 PATA, where I want 2 SATA and the PATA drive to be cached), but never could get the next button to activate.

I would happily try to reinstall if you have suggestions I should try out.
Looking forward for the invisible memory option to be turned on, it is an important feature for me on that particular system.
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

manus wrote:I have not tested yet, but I have the same setup as minhgi (Windows 8 x64, GPT, UEFI, RAID10 => 4x2TB => 4TB in OS).
UEFI, is it officially supported (integrated feature) by PrimoCache?

(I will receive a 128GB SSD in 2 days and I planned to test VeloSSD [UEFI support integrated], but if PrimoCache support it I will test it)
If I were you, I would not even try to install and test VeloSSD. It crash on all my machine and corrupt the file system. It is crap software. One of my file server at work needs to have its OS install due to some serious corruption.
manus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by manus »

Installed and I test with this setup:
Windows 8 x64
GPT
BIOS/EFI (Gigabyte P67)
4x2TB in RAID10 => 4TB in OS => 1 unique volume C:

PrimoCache:
LFU-R
Read/Wirte
No defer-write
PrimoCache L1:
1024GB RAM (+ ~450Mo overhead) [Total RAM 16GB)
PrimoCache L2:
14336MB on USB 3.0 Key [MX-FX Mach Extreme 16GB]

Work well. I try 4 reboot. Very good performance and cache it ratio.
I will monitor my used RAM to be sure, PrimoCache don't have the old memory leak.

(I look forward to receiving my SSD)