Next Version? Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Re: Next Version?

Post by Support »

If the crash you mentioned was a BlueScreen crash, could you find the minidump file related this crash?
Regaring the minidup file, please see
http://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/know ... -file.html

Many thanks!
minhgi wrote: That would be my drive C: where my operation system is on. I am only testing the L1 cache at this time. Is there a error log where I can check or upload to you?
Incriminated
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Incriminated »

support wrote:@Incriminated,

We want to simplify the options and thus make the program simple for users. Some options are removed because they are not very useful.
Incriminated wrote:What happened to...
..."Release After Write"-option?
..."Overcome HDD C1 Issue"-option?
..."Averaging Write Amount"-option?
@support:
Simpliefied is good, as long as you keep high configurability for advanced users.
I think the option "Release After Write" and "Overcome HDD C1 Issue" did make a serious difference in performance in fancycache versions depending on the scenario.
In many different other software solutions this approuch is solved by a named "advanced" checkbox that uncovers the advanced option.
I welcome any working "auto-optimum-settings" assuming they are 100% work.

Which option was not very useful, please?

And i have another little question: When PrimoCache starts it searches for updates. Is this actually working in the beta-stadium or is it just for later use. Will I get i.e. 0.9.1 automatically, or do I have to scan the forum-threads? ;)
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

support wrote:If the crash you mentioned was a BlueScreen crash, could you find the minidump file related this crash?
Regaring the minidup file, please see
http://www.romexsoftware.com/en-us/know ... -file.html

Many thanks!
minhgi wrote: That would be my drive C: where my operation system is on. I am only testing the L1 cache at this time. Is there a error log where I can check or upload to you?
Hello Support,

Here is my dump. It seem that when I enable cache on my Raid 5, that when it crash. My Raid 10 for some odd reason is now working after I had taking out a conflicted software. The setting for my arrays are UEFI, GPT, and basic.

My 4 SSD had arrive. I put two of the SSDs into Raid 0 and format with GPT / basic for the L2. It does not work. But it would work if I change the array to MBR / basic.

I hope that Primocache, down the line, can support the all RAIDs and UEFI/GPT.

minidump [deleted by support]
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@minhgi,

Thank you very much! I have downloaded the dump file and deleted the download link for safety.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

Incriminated wrote:And i have another little question: When PrimoCache starts it searches for updates. Is this actually working in the beta-stadium or is it just for later use. Will I get i.e. 0.9.1 automatically, or do I have to scan the forum-threads?
Automatic update check works in the beta version.
Incriminated wrote:I think the option "Release After Write" and "Overcome HDD C1 Issue" did make a serious difference in performance in fancycache versions depending on the scenario.
Well, "Overcome HDD C1 Issue" is not designed to improve the performance. Regarding with "Release After Write", did you really see the great performance boost with this option?
twu2
Level 2
Level 2

Post by twu2 »

here is my minidump related to PrimoCache.
It happen when I create a cache pool for 15G size.
Attachments
062113-20358-01.zip
my minidump
(31.87 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
manus
Level 4
Level 4

Post by manus »

@support do you think that you can split the strategy between L1 and L2?
To be able have Read (or Read/Write but no deferred between L1 and L2) on L1 and Read/Write on L2 with deferred.
minhgi
Level 10
Level 10

Post by minhgi »

support wrote:@minhgi,

Thank you very much! I have downloaded the dump file and deleted the download link for safety.
@ Support

This now just came to my mind. What is the space limit that Primocache can handle? My Raid 5 is 5.7TB. That 4 2TB hard drive in Raid5. Would that be issue?

B/c my Raid10 C:/OS have the same configuration and work fine. I know some caching software can only handle so much.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@minhgi,

Program will check the volume size to see if it is supported or not. Actually program supports up to 16TB volume size with 4KB cache block size. With larger block size, program can support a volume larger than 16TB.

We have analyzed your dump file and known what part of code caused the crash. But the root cause hasn't been known yet. We'll keep you posted as soon as we have any news.

BTW, what block size did you configure? And is the whole raid5 disk partitoned into one volume?
minhgi wrote:This now just came to my mind. What is the space limit that Primocache can handle? My Raid 5 is 5.7TB. That 4 2TB hard drive in Raid5. Would that be issue?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

@minhgi,

Were there any other prorams possibly dismounting, mounting, or formatting this raid5 volume, for eg, backup software? We find that when the crash happened, Windows was mounting this volume. This seems a little wierd...