Problems With Uninstall Topic is solved

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
Turo
Level 1
Level 1

Problems With Uninstall

Post by Turo »

Hi I uninstalled FancyCache and I think I have a problem. Before I uninstalled, I clicked stop caching, then uninstalled. However, windows says that ~8GB of memory is hardware reserved memory! How do I free this up?

I have tried a number of things already, hoping to stumble across a solution:

Pulled CMOS battery, reinstalled windows, installed and uninstalled FancyCache, I've even switched my CPU. Is there any way to fix this?
dustyny
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Problems With Uninstall

Post by dustyny »

Well this wouldn't be a fancycache issue as a OS wipe would take care of that..

If you've pulled the CMOS & reinstalled Windows and it still persists it's probably not a software issue UNLESS you are trying to use 32bit windows on a 64 bit H/W with more then 4GB ram..

Have you tried updating the bios? Are you sure the videocard bios isn't reserving that 8gb? Maybe you set something in the videocard management software?

Lets
Turo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Turo »

I have Win7 64bit. I used invisible memory and set it to 8GB when I set up FancyCache, and I didn't make any other changes to my system. My BIOS is the latest version. Pretty sure the video card isn't reserving 8GB, I haven't touched that since I set it up over a year ago.

Any other suggestions?
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

I'm afraid that this issue is not related to FancyCache. How about if you install the memory bars again? Or can you run the memtest first?

BTW, since you use x64 win7, it is not necessary to enable Invisible Memory, unless you use Windows 7 Home edition and you install 16GB+ memory.
Turo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Turo »

It did seem to be related to FancyCache! I had enabled invisible memory (even though i shouldn't have) and the system wasn't letting go of it after I uninstalled. Even my MOBO was telling me I only had ~8GB of RAM, and windows was saying 16GB (8 available). I fixed the problem by booting with an old stick of 2GB RAM and then putting the 8GB sticks back in. Thanks for your help!
dustyny
Level 8
Level 8

Post by dustyny »

Turo - I'm glad you solved your issue but I doubt F.C was the cause, software under windows doesn't have the ability to modify the bios (except for one's written by your Mobo manufacturer) this is a security mechanism that stops viruses & malware from bricking your system.

Most likely it was a hardware issue and reseating your memory sticks was the resolution.