Problems!

FAQ, getting help, user experience about FancyCache
hurjuus
Level 1
Level 1

Problems!

Post by hurjuus »

I ticked the "No Write-Flush At Shutdown" Button accidentally, and instantly unticked it. However, when I started my computer again, windows says that theres 7,5Gb RAM in use. And I am not able to flush it?
I'd be grateful if someone tells me how can I clean my ram. Tried to clear with some RAM optimizer, no help.
hurjuus
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Problems!

Post by hurjuus »

I solved this myself. I had to remove CMOS battery and unplug power supply for while.
Support
Support Team
Support Team

Post by Support »

The option "No Write-Flush At Shutdown" shall not cause such issue...Thank you for the information.
hurjuus
Level 1
Level 1

Post by hurjuus »

Ok, however if anyone else experiences the same issues, that's one solution.
dustyny
Level 8
Level 8

Post by dustyny »

@hurjus

If you had to clear your motherboard's CMOS you probably are experiencing some sort of memory corruption of your bios flash RAM. This instance was probably just coincidental (fancy cahche should have no access to your MB flash) but I'd recommend upgrading your bios firmware if it's not on the latest version. If the problem persists your battery maybe weak/dying or the MB could be going. The later just happened to me with my Asus Rampage III board... It happens.

If you don't have a backup of your data do it now and check it on another computer a damaged MB has the potential to ruin your data.

Good luck.